Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expired,L1B to L1A COS RFE,please help

Hi all,

My COS from L1B to L1A was applied on April 2010. Got an RFE on the L1B to L1A COS and responded to the RFE by June 2010.My I-94 on L1B extension got expired on September 14, 2010.
    1) How long can I still stay in US?
    2) Can I stay for 180 days from the expiration of my I-94, hoping I would hear back on my pending case.
    3) Does the 240 day rule applies for COS as well. If so
    Can I stay till 240 days from the expiration of my I-94, based on the 240 day rule?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

There is no such 240 day rule (Search for similar posts on 240 day rule and read them). If your COS from L1B to L1A gets approved, then you are all good and you would face no issues as your status will be maintained. If for any reason, the COS gets denied, then the time spent in U.S after the I-94 expiry date will be considered as illegal stay and it might cause issues later. That si why USCIS gives you 6 months to file the extension before the I-94 expiry date. Ask your company attorney to follow up with USCIS on your case. Or convert the case to premium and get a result within 15 days. It is never advisable to stay with an expired I-94 for such a long time hoping the COS will get approved.

Originally posted by samsalmanu View Post
    Hi all,

My COS from L1B to L1A was applied on April 2010. Got an RFE on the L1B to L1A COS and responded to the RFE by June 2010.My I-94 on L1B extension got expired on September 14, 2010.
    1) How long can I still stay in US?
    2) Can I stay for 180 days from the expiration of my I-94, hoping I would hear back on my pending case.
    3) Does the 240 day rule applies for COS as well. If so
    Can I stay till 240 days from the expiration of my I-94, based on the 240 day rule?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X