Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of Approved H1 Extension

Hi,
    My H1B is expiring 05/19/2011. Labor and I140 Approved. Priority date: 04/29/2010.

I presume I will have my approved H1B extension by February 2011 for 3 years.

1. Can I switch my job in March 2010?
    2. Can the approved LC and I140 be carried over to the new employer. from what I gather, they cannot and that the new employer has to file new LC and I140 - only the priority date can be retained if the Job Classification remains the same.

thanks!

1. You mean 2011? You can switch and transfer the H1b.
    2. PD can be retained irrespective of job classification. Rest all has to start from scratch.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      1. You mean 2011? You can switch and transfer the H1b.
      2. PD can be retained irrespective of job classification. Rest all has to start from scratch.
      Thanks!

Yes I meant 2011. I was wondering how can an approved H1 Extension with effective date in future with 1 company be transferred to a second company before its effective date?

Comment

Th term "transfer" is loosely used by people. There is no H1b transfer as such in reality. Every H1b is a new H1b that is not subject to cap. The term will depend on LCA filed by the companies and the projects (if Consulting)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X