Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B COS pending and travelling abrod

Hi,

In case my H1B COS is pending can I travel back to my native country. I am on L1B and it may happen that my current employer send me back to my native country before my COS (filed some other employer) get approval. In that case can I get passport stamped from my native country for H1B?

If this is not possilbe what will be the best way out from this?

Sure can. If you travel before COS, COS is abandoned.
    Last edited by txh1b; 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM. Reason: Correction

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your valuable information. Yeah and I will cross check it with lawyer. But I neede some quick information regarding this or at least some clue.

Thanks again.

Comment

Search cloning and read the oldest post with a link.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I stand corrected. The entire petition will be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by abhijit_iit View Post
            Hi,

In case my H1B COS is pending can I travel back to my native country. I am on L1B and it may happen that my current employer send me back to my native country before my COS (filed some other employer) get approval. In that case can I get passport stamped from my native country for H1B?

If this is not possilbe what will be the best way out from this?
            Hi Abhijit,

Can you please share your experience with me? What had happened to your H1 petetion when your travel out of US with COS pending?

My H1 with COS (from L1)is still in Initial review and I am travelling out of US.

Thanks,
            Vinay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X