Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long I can stay in my home country after getting H1B Visa approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long I can stay in my home country after getting H1B Visa approval?

Hello,

I got H1B visa in July, 2023. My H1-B start date was October 1, 2023. Due to some family issues, I am still in my home country.

Q: How long I can stay in my home country? Is there any limits on number of days before that I need to enter US.

I am planning to go USA on Jan 15, 2024. Is that okay?

Your responses will be very helpful https://100001.onl/https://1921681254.mx/ .

Thank you in advance.​
    Last edited by cundy; 12-06-2023, 02:39 AM.

Sure, I can help with that.

As an H-1B visa holder, you are generally allowed to stay in your home country for up to 60 days before your H-1B start date without jeopardizing your visa status. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule.
    • If you have previously been admitted to the United States as an H-1B visa holder and have not violated the terms of your status, you may be allowed to stay in your home country for up to 180 days before your H-1B start date.
    • If you are employed by a U.S. employer and your employer has filed a petition with USCIS to extend your H-1B status, you may be allowed to stay in your home country for up to 240 days before your H-1B start date.

Based on the information you have provided, it appears that you are eligible to stay in your home country until January 15, 2024. However, I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney to confirm your eligibility and to discuss any potential implications of staying outside of the United States for an extended period of time.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
    • You should maintain contact with your U.S. employer and keep them informed of your whereabouts.
    • You should make sure that your passport and visa are valid and that you have all of the necessary documentation to travel to the United States.
    • You should be prepared to answer questions from U.S. Customs omegle and owespeedtest Border Protection (CBP) when you enter the United States.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by HakhamDamodar; 01-25-2024, 12:30 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X