Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa - White form (questionnaire) 221(g) issued

Hi,
    I'd my visa interview on dec 1st 2010 at hyd consulate. The VO told me that my case is under admin processing and asked me to fill in a white questionnaire.

This questionnaire had generic questions like my education background, projects, what I'll do after my education degree etc.

I filled this in and submitted my offer letter and resume and passport. They gave me a case# which I looked it up and found out that my case was placed under admin processing 2 days before my interview itself. Also 'PIMS not found' was written on my papers.

It's close to 4 weeks now and no word yet, my employer has been supportive but obviously this is a frustrating wait.

Did anyone go through similar experience at the interview?? Sharing such experiences might be helpful in guessing the reason for this admin processing.

Thanks,
    vidya

Search and read about the posts related to "221g" in immihelp. A lot of people go through this everyday and the time that will take to resolve the admin process is different from one case to another.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks shervin, I did read through several threads regd 221g but i dont think i saw anyone getting this white form. most of the ppl get either pink or blue form. i'm just curious if it is due to some other reason that they issue this white form. I saw a few F1 students also getting this form. But you're right, once we;re placed under admin processing..we just gotta wait till its resolved

Comment

White 221g is exactly similar to a blue 221g. Check the below link.
        https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/221grefusal/

Comment

Administrative processing Completed

Hello all,
          I received my passport with the H1B visa stamped today. I'd my interview on 1st Dec and it was placed under admin processing. It was processed on 23rd Dec, but the status was updated only today (30th Dec).

It was a frustrating wait as you can imagine, but thank god I got it. For all those folks in the same boat, stay positive and believe in god, you'll definitely get it.

One final question. During my interview the VO didnt ask me for the I-797 copy ( which has I-94). I just want to confirm, that the consulate has nothing to do with it and we just have to produce it at the immigration. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Goodluck to everyone, happy new year,
          vidya

Comment

Well, they can pull a copy of your approval notice from their system.

Btw, do you mean that you still have the I-797 with the I-94 attached to it? Didn't you return your I-94 when you left the country? You are not suppose to take the I-94 with you. All I-94's should be returned. There will be clear instructions on the approval notice to remove the I-94 and stamped it to the passport. Follow the below link to return your I-94.

https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/

Originally posted by viddu512 View Post
            One final question. During my interview the VO didnt ask me for the I-797 copy ( which has I-94). I just want to confirm, that the consulate has nothing to do with it and we just have to produce it at the immigration. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Comment

Shervin,
              I came to india after working for a year to get my H1B stamping because my status was changed from F1 to H1B. After the approval of the petition, I was given I797 (it has I-94 at the bottom). The consulate didnt ask for it, cos i think they rely on the PIMS database.
              I think during the immigration, they'll remove the I-94 from this approval notice and attach it to my passport. Am I right?

Comment

No. Removing your I-94 from the approval notice and attaching it to the passport is your responsibility? Did you read through the approval notice? When you leave U.S, the airlines officials will remove all I-94 stamped to the passport and will return it to USCIS. Otherwise USCIS will not have an exit record under the I-94 issued to you. This will cause issues. Follow the link that I provided in my previous reply to return the I-94.

I think during the immigration, they'll remove the I-94 from this approval notice and attach it to my passport. Am I right?

Comment

when i left US, the I-94 (for F1 visa) was removed from my passport. I carried the approval notice which has I-94 (for H1B visa). Now when I reach the port of entry on H1B visa, I assume they take the I-94 on approval notice and attach it to my passport. Is tht correct?

Comment

Well, I give up. You are not getting the point. You are not suppose to have any I-94's with you when you are no longer in U.S. Otherwise there won't be any exit record against that I-94. If you do, then you have to return it by following the instruction on the link that I provided in one of my previous reply.

When you re-enter U.S, you will get a new I-94 at the POE.

when i left US, the I-94 (for F1 visa) was removed from my passport. I carried the approval notice which has I-94 (for H1B visa). Now when I reach the port of entry on H1B visa, I assume they take the I-94 on approval notice and attach it to my passport. Is tht correct?
                    Last edited by shervin143; 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

shervin, sorry abt the confusion. I did return the I-94 tht was already stapled to my passport when I left USA. But I'd the original approval notice which I was supposed to bring it with me for the H1B visa interview. Am I right till this point?

At the consulate, they didnt ask me for the approval notice. Now I've got my passport with visa stamped on it, so I'm just going to go with this and at the time of immigration, I'm going to produce this approval notice for verification. Srry abt the confusion, I did read through, the link u sent me and yes I did return the I-94 tht was earlier stapled to my passport. Thnks for ur replies

Comment

If there was an I-94 attached to the approval notice, then you are suppose to cut it and staple it to the passport along with your old I-94. That instruction will be clearly mentioned in the approval notice. That way all the I-94's will be removed from the passport and returned to USCIS when you leave the country (F1 I-94 & the H1B I-94).

shervin, sorry abt the confusion. I did return the I-94 tht was already stapled to my passport when I left USA. But I'd the original approval notice which I was supposed to bring it with me for the H1B visa interview. Am I right till this point?

At the consulate, they didnt ask me for the approval notice. Now I've got my passport with visa stamped on it, so I'm just going to go with this and at the time of immigration, I'm going to produce this approval notice for verification. Srry abt the confusion, I did read through, the link u sent me and yes I did return the I-94 tht was earlier stapled to my passport. Thnks for ur replies

Comment

Yes shervin, you're right. I didnt read tht before. I'vent done tht. Is it going to pose any problem for me during immigration?

Comment

There will be no issues. Just cut the I-94 from the approval notice and keep it safe. After returning back to U.S, follow the instructions in the link that I provided you before to return that I-94. Keep your flight ticket and boarding passes safe. You will need them while returning that I-94.

Yes shervin, you're right. I didnt read tht before. I'vent done tht. Is it going to pose any problem for me during immigration?

Comment

shervin, are you sure? should I not send the I-94 to tht address in tht link, along with the evidence now itself before I depart from India?
                              What if the immigration officer asks me abt this, should I produce this I-94 to him then and explain? Please advise, thanks so much ur replies

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X