Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for H1b stamping with a year old approval

Hi,
    I actually got a H1 b approval in July 2009 but due to some funding issues my company didn't allow me to for stamping at that time.

In the mean time I went for a personal visit to US from july 2010 to oct 2010.But was working offshore for the same company and client.
    However now the consultant and the client company both have given me all the required documents and m planning to go for the stamping in Jan 2011.
    As the company preferred me to leave a gap of 2 to 3 months between me coming back on tourist visa and going for my stamping.
    My question is that what should I answer if they ask me for such delay for stamping?
    Do i need to get my H1 reapproved?
    Also can my personal visit for that time period can cause any issue or can they question me on that?Should I carry any evidence for the reason of travelling personally.
    Please advice?.

Thanks
    Shweta

Hi,
    I actually got a H1 b approval in July 2009 but due to some funding issues my company didn't allow me to for stamping at that time.

In the mean time I went for a personal visit to US from july 2010 to oct 2010.But was working offshore for the same company and client.

On which VISA you went to US? Did you work in US as offshore? I am assuming you were not paid salary in US.

However now the consultant and the client company both have given me all the required documents and m planning to go for the stamping in Jan 2011.
    As the company preferred me to leave a gap of 2 to 3 months between me coming back on tourist visa and going for my stamping.
    My question is that what should I answer if they ask me for such delay for stamping?

You can say client has got some funding issue or project was delayed due to internal issue. You can discuss this with any expert in company itself but normally they wont ask this for delay in stamping. You can even state some personal reason also.

Do i need to get my H1 reapproved?

No. If existing H1 has sufficient time say more than 6 mo then you will get VISA for remaining time. However you may be asked question about employer/client and may be hold under 221(g) administrative processing till you submit all docs and they verify/evaluate your case.

Also can my personal visit for that time period can cause any issue or can they question me on that?Should I carry any evidence for the reason of travelling personally.

They may or may not. They may ask if you have gone for personal or official work. That again depend on which VISA and what sponsership letter you have got earlier to enter US. If reason was genuine and personal then you can mention that to VO. It wont be any prob cos you were on different status in US for that visit.
    Please advice?.

Thanks
    Shweta

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X