Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Intent

Hello Friends,
    I have a visa renewal interview and my H1B expires in Dec 2011. My GC is in progress and hence how should I answer the question how long do you intend to stay in the USA? Should I say only till Dec 2011 my H1B validity period? That will lead to questions as to why I have filed for my GC? Also how long should I ask for my visa to be valid?

As your stay is authorized till the H1b petition date, that is what you intend to stay until. GC is for future employment and until you file for a 485, you may not be able to answer anything different than the I797 date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

So that means my visa will only be valid till Dec 2011 and when I come back I will again have to go for a visa restamping.

Comment

Yes, that is the way it works.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X