Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent- For visa interview I only have lower portion of I-797 and copy of the upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent- For visa interview I only have lower portion of I-797 and copy of the upper

Dear All,

I have an interview scheduled for 3rd Jan and I only have the original lower portion of I-797 and have the copy of the upper portion of I-797, Please let me know if I have to cancel my appointment or go ahead and try my luck.
    Thanks for a speedy response.

Regards,
    Akilesh

I have an interview scheduled for 3rd Jan and I only have the original lower portion of I-797 and have the copy of the upper portion of I-797, Please let me know if I have to cancel my appointment or go ahead and try my luck.
    Thanks for a speedy response.

---- All you need and will get is the lower portion of the I-797. The upper portion will always be retained by the employer. If you read in the photocopy the body of the I-797 it clearly says that the upper portion has to be retained by the employer

Certain employers give the entire I-797 to the employee, certain others only the photocopy and certain others give the original I-797 only when you are goinf ro a visa interview. In the end it is the employer who decides what to do and in your case if the employer has decided to retain the original I-797 then so be it

---- There is no need for you to sweat on this matter as you cna show the photocopy to a VO if and when asked. Otherwise the lower portion and the corresponding I-94 number should suffice for the officer to access the datails of your case and your history

---- You can safely go to the interview, be confident and do your best and you should be able to get the visa stamped on your Passport. Ensure that you have all the documents that need to be presented to the VO at the time of the visa interview and you should be successful

Subramanya

Comment

Original I-797 is required for the visa interview. Depending on the VO, you might get lucky with the photocopy. Check the below link for the list of documents.
      https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

100 percent original required

i was asked for it

Comment

'100 percent' original is required for non change of status cases only.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X