I-94 Extension of Duration of Stay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Extension of Duration of Stay???

I have H1 visa and I-797 valid till Sep 2013. My dependant wife and daughter (minor) also have H4 visa and I-797 valid till september 2013. When my wife and daughter came to USA in September last year, they were issued I-94 with a duration of stay only till Feb 1, 2011 (same date as Indian Passport expires) and not till September 2013. I have applied for their new passports at the Indian Embassy. My question is whether my wife and daughter need to apply to extend their I-94 keeping in view that they already have valid H4 visa and I-797. Will their status be still valid in USA or they will be out of status from the date of expiration of their I-94 which is February 1, 2011?
    Thanks a lot for your guidance and help.

Yes, you would have to file for an extension for them or they can travel and return again to get the I-94 till 2013.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

They can try to visit a CBP post at nearby international airport with their new passports to get the I-94's extended. If that does not work, both of them have to file I-539's to get extended I-94's or leave the US and return (with the same Visa and your petition approval notice) to get new extended I-94's.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X