Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green form received for 221(g) H1B stamping New Delhi

Hi,

I have received 221(g) green form on 8-12-2010 for stamping of H1B with family. Visa Officer has asked me submit some additional documents required from my employer along with all the passports at VFS office. I have submitted all the required documents and passports on 30-12-2010 at New Delhi US VFS Office. At the end of the interview, Visa Officer told me that there is no problem with my particulars, but only my US employer is small and they would need some additional documents before taking any decision.

I am too much worried about the outcome. I think asking for submission of passports along with the documents is a positive sign for stamping.

All of you are requested to please share your views for my case and help me.

Thanks

VG

Keep tracking other posts on 221(g) green slip at New Delhi.. Rt now ppl who might have applied in nov first week may be in process. Myself is waitin since almost 1 and half mo submitted docs on Nov 18. Delhi has been worst consulate so far waiting period and successful cases are concerned on 221(g) green slip.

Comment

@Chander_77

You submitted your documents on Nov 18 or you had interview on Nov 18?

Thanks,

SM

Comment

221g Blue (Quesion on h1b)

Dear sir/ Maa'm,
        I was working in USA on OTP (i did masters in Comp Science) , My employer (desi consultant) has applied h1b for me, It was approved for 2 years(on OCT 2010).

I came to INDIA for my marrige. While appearing for Visa stamping VO asked one question ,
        Q1 What is your client company
        ANs : California Dept of Public Health(state govt of california)
        Q2 Which company is between your employer (Desi consultant) and Client
        Ans : Deloitte
        [VO got angry and gave me 221 g Blue sleep and advice me to provide all documents]

VO : why don't you join Deloitte
        Ans : I said 'this could be my next step'

in these all conversation , He also asked me to widrow my h1b application,
        I have replied: i cannot take firm decision right now, Please give me some time.
        --------------------------------------------

Now, I will be providing all documents to VFS .
        Please advice , I am just scarred that they cancle my approved H1b visa.

I did my masters from USA with 3.79 GPA
        I have complete computer engg/ science background.
        I am a microsoft certified professional.
        I was currently working for State goverment project.(i have already performed one project in USA, this is my 2nd project )

I have taken all steps to make good profile. now i am just scarred that i might loose my h1b status.

One more thing is, there is no case number provided On 221g (blue) paper.

Please take your time, your questinos concers are welcome to give me some hope.

Comment

@sand_m

I provided docs on Nov 18. I also got my PP with rejection on Jan 12. there were atleast 8-10 cases of rejection in delhi consulate on Jan 11-12. however all for Emp->vendor->client model. if you are FT and have direct client to employer. dont worry you are safe.

@chauhanparixit

as i mentioned, e-v-c cases dont hv good chances in delhi so better talk to your vendor to file your new H1. Till you hear back from embassy, you can get H1 approve and if unfortunately rejected, can apply visa again with new H1 and then you can say to VO, as you suggested I joined deloitte.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for postings. In my case, employer has directly filed my H1B and no third party is involved. VO has only query that your company is small and why they want a finance person from India. However after submitting green form, he clearly told me that I do not have any problem with your candidature, but I need some additional information from company only. VO told me finally that no need to come again for interview and deposit all the documents with your passports at VFS Delhi.

I have deposited all the papers on 30-12-2010 along with passports. Till date no reply.

Please post your views

VG

Comment

vineeet1974

H1B is highly skilled labor visa so I am not sure finance comes under that or not. if H1B is approved then definitely it will be case. If you will work directly with your company at their office then it wont be a problem. or even you work for a direct client of company it wont be prob. other than that model there are issues in delhi and VISA are getting rejected. Mine got rejected on Jan 12 with excuse that my employer cant give me qualifying employment so my visa can not be given. I have employer 2 vendors and my client where I used to work so clearly they are not approving such cases. Rest individual case is diff. you will hear from them by 2 mo of submitting papers.

Comment

Chander 77,

Thanks for your post.

They have asked me to deposit all the passports ( Self + family). I am in regular touch at VFS call center. They are saying that max. 2 to 4 weeks time is required. Your are saying 2 mo. Any particular basis for 2 mos.

I am considering followings as a positive signs

Asking for passports is not a positive signs ? I think submission of only docs required much time for admin processing.

VO told me clearly that he wants the additional information for company only.

Green colour ( as per VFS website/ useful links/ delhi consulate) states that this colour form is issued for requiring the additional information from employer, which I had already submitted.

Recently, Friday I had called call center and they told me that today we have received most of the pending passports and very few are remaining.

wait for your post.

Thanks

VG

Comment

They have asked me to deposit all the passports ( Self + family). I am in regular touch at VFS call center. They are saying that max. 2 to 4 weeks time is required. Your are saying 2 mo. Any particular basis for 2 mos.

Avg time is 2 mo based on mine and other who have got green form. Lot of applicants included me who have tried to check VFS, got one reply that case is under admin processing and there is no definite time line for processing to be completed. if they told you 2-4 weeks then you can be hopeful but avg time for lot of green slip holders are 2 mo may be bit less or bit more.

I am considering followings as a positive signs

Asking for passports is not a positive signs ? I think submission of only docs required much time for admin processing.

Lot of applicants inlcluded me consider this when our passport were asked to submit but it came back with rejection letter. Its may or may not be +ve sign. Embassy is also asking for PP that in case of rejection they will also cancel other visas like B1/B2 or H4 etc. My B1/B2 was cancelled when I got my PP back

VO told me clearly that he wants the additional information for company only.

Green colour ( as per VFS website/ useful links/ delhi consulate) states that this colour form is issued for requiring the additional information from employer, which I had already submitted.

Same is told to every one. Exactly I was told so. As I said if you have direct client or working in house. Be positive you will get if really dont hv bad luck. They may contact ur client and then decide. For Employer-Vendor-Client model you will get only if you got luck as 8 out of 10 such cases are getting rejected.

Recently, Friday I had called call center and they told me that today we have received most of the pending passports and very few are remaining.

Yes they received most of passport. From Jan 10 - Jan 15 they got lot of passports, 90 % of them with rejection letter. wait for your post.

Thanks

VG

Comment

Chander 77,

Thanks for your posting. You have cleared most of the things. Can we do voice chat. My No. is 9810901425 and I live in Gurgaon. I would appreciate if we can talk.

Thanks

VG

Comment

VG
                      i had my interview on 25th Jan in Delhi and received the green form too. I was wondering if you heard back from he embassy and whats the status of your visa now. How much time did it take?

Please let me know. i have my return ticket for 5th feb and am wondering how much will I hve to wait

thanks

Comment

Dear Neha,

I have entered in 5th week since submitting documents to VFS New Delhi ( 30-12-2010). Average time for reply under 221(g) green slip is 1week to 8 weeks, but it varies from case to case specially more in E-V-C model. Nothing can be predicted and just keep patience and wait.

chill

VG

Comment

Update

Any news guys? Did anyone get there Visa yet?

I also have a question, where do you guys check for updates on your case? I had submitted my passport along with the documents and have been tracking my passport on the vfs website. It says "Your passport is under processing at the US Embassy/Consulate if your Visa has been approved." Does that mean anything useful?

I am getting a little restless because I haven't heard from them and have heard of some visa rejection cases. This whole process really sucks!

Comment

Neha,

You are right. This is the only way to track online or call to VFS call center.
                            Alternatively, you can visit counter no. 6 at US Embassy Delhi between 9 to 12 on working days carrying all of your papers and meet VO and check the status.

Vineet1974

Comment

@chandar : Got 221g Yelllow

HI chandar,
                              Thanks for the reply.
                              I have submitted my documents (Mumbai consulate) on 3rd of Feb 2011.
                              She said the person who interviewed you previously is not here. But she has checked all the documents and also asked lot of questions.
                              She has accepted all the papers and gave me Yellow 221 g , (this slip have only one tab marked stating that 'when the administrative processing is complete on your case , you will be contacted and requested to submit your passport . )
                              Now again i m in waiting state. Please provide good way to check the status in Mumbai Consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X