Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Holder how much money can carry when return home.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Holder how much money can carry when return home.!

Hi Seniors,
    I am on H1B since last 5years 7months, I want to know how much fund can I carry with me.
    I honest to say I have total bank deposit in my 2 different accounts total near to $227031.00 (near to 2laks if I calculat round figure).
    I am return back india soon within 20 to 25days because my Australian PR file transfered to India for stamping and even my H1 visa renewal time is near too, still I not applied for renewal, even I got selected for Aus.PR just want to stamp visa from New Delhi Embassy.
    Can I make Demand Draft (EFT) on my name and carry maximum ammount from my account or can I make 2 different Demand draft of my and my wife name and can we carry those ammounts?
    I know cash $10k is maximum to carry in cash but when H1b person leave country and return back to home so for them any scope to bring maximum ammount of savings can H1 person carry to home country.
    Thanks

Travellers can bring into India any amount of foreign exchange, subject to the condition that on arrival a declaration is made to the custom authorities in a Currency Declaration Form. It is necessary to fill out a declaration form if the foreign exchange exceeds US$ 10,000 or its equivalent and /or the aggregate -value of foreign currency notes is US$ 5,000 or its equivalent.

A person coming into India from abroad can bring with him foreign exchange without any limit. However, where the aggregate value of foreign exchange in the form of foreign currency notes, bank notes, travelers' checks, etc., exceeds $10,000 (out of which there is a separate ceiling on currency notes of $5,000) it should be declared to the customs authorities at the port of arrival in the Currency Declaration Form.

-- Source Google.

Why don't you transfer your money to your Indian account through services like money2india, remit2india etc instead of carrying such a hugh sum of money in hand. It is more safe to transfer it via the proper channel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Travellers can bring into India any amount of foreign exchange, subject to the condition that on arrival a declaration is made to the custom authorities in a Currency Declaration Form. It is necessary to fill out a declaration form if the foreign exchange exceeds US$ 10,000 or its equivalent and /or the aggregate -value of foreign currency notes is US$ 5,000 or its equivalent.

A person coming into India from abroad can bring with him foreign exchange without any limit. However, where the aggregate value of foreign exchange in the form of foreign currency notes, bank notes, travelers' checks, etc., exceeds $10,000 (out of which there is a separate ceiling on currency notes of $5,000) it should be declared to the customs authorities at the port of arrival in the Currency Declaration Form.

-- Source Google.

Why don't you transfer your money to your Indian account through services like money2india, remit2india etc instead of carrying such a hugh sum of money in hand. It is more safe to transfer it via the proper channel.

I am going to make demand draft's, no in my village there are no more facility for online money or western union, after 100km far we have western union and SBI branch , but we have Union bank of india small office , even my account also still exist and maintain by family so I will get draft , suggested by bank manager that get bank draft.
      thanks for reply that I can carry huge amount.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X