Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Administrative processing & h1b renewal question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative processing & h1b renewal question!

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the members of Immihelp. Great forums and quick response/help so far.

I have two questions here. If some one can answer these that would be great.

Q1) I'm on H1B visa valid till Sep 30th 2012. Last time when I went to US embassy for stamping in Feb 2008, they gave me 221g slip for administrative processing, and processed the visa within 2 weeks and gave the stamp valid until Feb 2010. Now i'm taking one month vacation and going to India, and since the stamp has been expired on my passport, i'm going to the visa interview. My question is since the administrative processing has already been done, are there any chances of getting 221g form again this time?

Q2) My next question. My 5th year of H1B visa expires on Sep 30th 2012 (H1B started from Oct 1st 2007). Is the H1B period a total of 7 years? If my employer is willing to apply for renewal early 2012, what are the chances of getting H1B renewed for 2 more years?

I appreciate your time, any help would be great.

Thank you,
    Priya

Q1) I'm on H1B visa valid till Sep 30th 2012. Last time when I went to US embassy for stamping in Feb 2008, they gave me 221g slip for administrative processing, and processed the visa within 2 weeks and gave the stamp valid until Feb 2010. Now i'm taking one month vacation and going to India, and since the stamp has been expired on my passport, i'm going to the visa interview. My question is since the administrative processing has already been done, are there any chances of getting 221g form again this time?
    >>> Possible. Administrative process is done for various reasons like comon name check, TAL, employer check, job verification etc on the current application.

Q2) My next question. My 5th year of H1B visa expires on Sep 30th 2012 (H1B started from Oct 1st 2007). Is the H1B period a total of 7 years? If my employer is willing to apply for renewal early 2012, what are the chances of getting H1B renewed for 2 more years?
    >>> H1B is only for 6 years. Extension beyond the 6th year requires the Labor certification (GC) to be filed 365 days prior to the 6th year end on H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X