No Slip given at New Delhi Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Slip given at New Delhi Consulate

I gave my visa interview on 9th December 2010. VO kept my I-797, client letter, company's documents(tax return etc) and LCA. He gave my passport back and told me that consulate need to review my application under administrative processing and will be notified via email. Please provide some input if anyone facing similar condition.

Go through 221(g) administrative processing cases or follow my posts on this. you were not given any slip as they kept your doc at interview only. Otherwise it has to be submitted at VFS. jokes apart, you saved 180 rs though each case is diff but on an avg, if you have employer->vendor->client model then it may take 2-3 mo. if employer->client then it may take 1-2 mo and if working directly for company and all docs are in place you may get in 1 a mo also.all the best.

Comment

@chander_77

Can you please tell how did you come up with these figures, I mean if case gets stuck in Admin. Processing then you say following timelines usually occur (assuming only true for India) or is it just based on people's experience so far ?

FT employee - less than 1 month

Other cases - 1-3 months ?

Comment

On further correspondance i got a case number from the embassy at new delhi. I can track the case status online at hyderabad consulate instead of delhi consulate website...
        I emailed embassy about this but got no reply on this.....

The case tracker though shows that the documents have been submitted within 2 days of my interview..... its been already a month wait done... hope so i get that atleast by next month at the most....

Anyone who are on the same boat as i am ?

How do you really define the timelines for admin processing... is it by the experience of other H1B applicants applying at delhi consulate in specific or something else...

Could you clarify on this....

Comment

@rooney123

these timelines are based on individual case exp with different employment model. If you track this and other forum site, where ppl have mentioned their case history, its gets very clear that max wait is for 221(g) green slip and with employer->vendor->client model. FT are getting in approx 1 mo. One of my friend colleague from LSI (nasdaq listed co) was given green slip but got VISA exact after 1 mo 3 days. Further, ppl who has got direct employer client (no layer/vendor) are given green or pink slip but their cases are getting solved witn in 1-2 mo after admin processing. Same if co is american with some US citizens and not desi then also VISA coming in max 2 mo time w/o much pushes. I have not seen any case where 221(g) green slip case with E-V-C model has come with in 2 mo and that also w/o any communication or w/o any pushing emails to embassy. There are also very chances that rejections have come for small desi co with E-V-C model.

@varun4varun

If you got case no which can be tracked online then most probably its pink slip case. however I dont know why it is trackable on hyd site and not in delhi. as per some posts in this and other forums,ppl who got pink slip mentioned that VO told them that their VISA is approved but will take 1-2 mo time in admin processing. Once they were asked to submit PP, thy got VISA in 1 week time. Hope your case is also same. May be you can send an email to embassy to check case status.

Comment

@chander_77

My employment is based on employer->vendor->client model.My employer is an American of Indian Origin with american employees(yeah a typical desi consulting company) too as far as i know. The VO has not told me that the VISA is approved but has taken all the documents regarding my application but not has given any kind of slip and returned the passport.

I am emailing the embassy every once a while but they have only one standard response and that is "Administration Processing and contact as soon as the processing is done".Its been a month and 2 days now... hoping something happens before the end of the month.

It is weird that i have my case tracked at hyderabad consulate and not in delhi consulate website where i attended the interview.

Anyway guys thanks for the info.... keep me updated on this if you anyone guys know anyone on the same boat as i am in... to get some updates from them...

will update if anything happens on my side.

Comment

Mine visa was rejected on Jan 12 based on E-V-C model. It says 'my employer is not able to provide qualifying employment so we cant give you temporary working visa'. you too have E-V-C model but you were not given any slip and can track case online so be hopeful that you will get it. however delhi consulate is bluntly rejecting E-V-C cases. On Jan 11-12, approx 10 cases were rejected on E-V-C model. All d best.

Comment

varun4varun

hey, I am in the same situation as your, the VO returned my passport and said they needed to review my application. No slip was given. What was your outcome?

Comment

Hi, I attended my visa interview @Delhi embassy on 31-oct-201. After a 10 min grill, the VO took all supporting documents and informed that he will get back to me in a week after studying my case.No slip was given to me. I got an email to send my passport 3 days after that. My visa was in my hands within the next 7 days.

I am posting this just to boost up other folks who are depressed with the wait times. I have buddies who had processing times from 1 week to 9 months but most of them got their visas. So dont worry, chill out and enjoy your stay in India. GOOD LUCK.....

Comment

@varun

@varun...

Did you hear anything abt ur case .. can anyone update the status of your cases ..i am in same situation ...

@chander... Do you know if cases rejected were first time or renewal ...wht do u mean by small size company ? where for those visa rejected were given 221g or you were recd any 221g ?

Thanks for help in advance

Comment

Guys -- Got my passport back from Embassy after a month with a note we can not issue a visa to you and we have sent back your case to USCIS.

Comment

hi All,

similar case happened with my wife when she went for H1B stamping at Delhi consulate in Oct 2012.The officer had 10 mins of discussion with her about her work , skill set etc and then kept her passport and all supportive docs which he asked for and said that he will see the docs and reply with in 7 days.2 hours after the interview we received an email from ustravales.com about the case number(xxxx-xx-xx-000xxxxxxxx) format and it says case status is new.

we are not sure if the case is under admin processing as neither she was not given any slip nor VO told her that they require any kind of admin processing. VO even didn't said that visa is approved.Has anybody got such an email from UStravlels.com after the new processed of interview at Delhi consulate is started(OFC + interview) ?

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by mkg View Post
                          hi All,

similar case happened with my wife when she went for H1B stamping at Delhi consulate in Oct 2012.The officer had 10 mins of discussion with her about her work , skill set etc and then kept her passport and all supportive docs which he asked for and said that he will see the docs and reply with in 7 days.2 hours after the interview we received an email from ustravales.com about the case number(xxxx-xx-xx-000xxxxxxxx) format and it says case status is new.

we are not sure if the case is under admin processing as neither she was not given any slip nor VO told her that they require any kind of admin processing. VO even didn't said that visa is approved.Has anybody got such an email from UStravlels.com after the new processed of interview at Delhi consulate is started(OFC + interview) ?
                          Hi,
                          I gave my H1-B Interview at Delhi consulate on 21st August, 2012. I am a FTE and this is my first H1B. He only asked me 2-3 questions and then He returned all my docs and PP saying he needs more information on my case and that he will get back to me. I completed 2 months today with no updates. I was not given any colored slips. The case number that was handwritten on my Interview confirmation letter is not recognized at the embassy website. The consulate did not ask for any documents, they have not contacted my company, i'm sure the case is not even with USCIS because i don't see any change of status as per my EAC number. DOS says my case is pending and is under processing. Don't know what to do really? Its frustrating as hell!

Comment

hi

Originally posted by rfed1212 View Post
                            hey, I am in the same situation as your, the VO returned my passport and said they needed to review my application. No slip was given. What was your outcome?
                            hey what happened with your case? can you post your updates? thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X