Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intended Employment Date is different in LCA and I-129

Hi,

Intended Employment date in i-129 differs from LCA. Would like to know which one takes the precedence.

LCA - 17th January
    I-129 - 14th Feburary

Regards,
    Piyush

Both (LCA & Petition) need to be valid for you to start working.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I didn't get your answer.. When you say both needs to be valid, does it mean intended employment date needs to be same ?

In my case, intended date of employment in LCA is 17th Jan 2011 but I-129 has been filed with 14th Feburary 2011.

My query is, when CIS approves the petition, which one takes the precedence.

Comment

I didn't get your answer.. When you say both needs to be valid, does it mean intended employment date needs to be same ?
        >>> No. I mean both LCA and the petition (approval notice) should be valid for you to work. LCA is filed with DOL and I-129 is filed with USCIS. If either one of this has expired, your employment is illegal.

In my case, intended date of employment in LCA is 17th Jan 2011 but I-129 has been filed with 14th Feburary 2011. My query is, when CIS approves the petition, which one takes the precedence.
        >>> USCIS will approve the petition as the per the date requested in I-129. However, they will check to see if the LCA has been already approved by DOL and remains valid for the period requested in I-129.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X