H1-B extension,can i stay without receipt number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B extension,can i stay without receipt number

My H1-B ,i-94,petition is expired.I have applied for extension recently and takes 4 weeks to get my receipt.As I have applied for extension,can I continue to stay in US without receipt number and with expired visa.Kindly answer,urgent!

You can stay as long as your application for extension has reached USCIS before the I-94 expiry date. If the extension was filed after the I-94 expiry date, then there are lot of chances that the extension might get denied and the petition might get approved for consular process.

In case the extension gets denied, then any time spent in U.S after the I-94 expiry date will be treated as illegal stay. It is advisable to upgrade it to premium process to avoid any such issue.
    Last edited by shervin143; 01-12-2011, 04:10 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Ur reply was very helpfull.

I am trying to make it premium processing with my employer,but they are telling me :Only after getting ur receipt number (ie,after 3-4 weeks) they can upgrade to premium.Can it be upgraded even before i get receipt number?So i even get receipt number in 4-5 days in premium processing?

Comment

You have to wait till you get a receipt to upgrade.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Normally you will get the receipt number within 2 weeks. It takes 4 weeks only in rare cases.

Originally posted by shw_sur View Post
          Ur reply was very helpfull.

I am trying to make it premium processing with my employer,but they are telling me :Only after getting ur receipt number (ie,after 3-4 weeks) they can upgrade to premium.Can it be upgraded even before i get receipt number?So i even get receipt number in 4-5 days in premium processing?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 B expiring and not received extension receipt notice yet

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            Normally you will get the receipt number within 2 weeks. It takes 4 weeks only in rare cases.
            Hey Some one please confirm can I stay in US after my H1 & I-94 expiry(15th April 2015) even if i have not received extension receipt notice?
            My employer has filed for H1 extension(Extension Filed on 20th March 2015) but I have not received receipt notice yet.

Is my stay legal in US in this case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X