Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Restrictions to Europe/London on expired H1

Hi Friends,

I am currently in US with H1 visa which expired in Sep 2010. I got my H1 extension appoved last week till Sep 2012. I have booked ticket for India visit via London for 26th Feb 2011. Is there any restriction that I can't take connecting flight from London just because my H1 extension is not yet stamped on my passport? Please help. I also have valid B1 visa for US which is approved till 2016.
    Last edited by rahul_vp; 01-15-2011, 02:46 AM.

You can transit through London as long as you have a valid visa in the passport (I guess your B1 is not cancelled in your passport). Check with your airlines and they should be able to guild you properly. Also, yo can write a letter to the U.K Consulate and carry the letter during yor travel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin. I still have valid B1 visa on my passport. I don't think B1 visa is cancelled just because we receive H1 visa. I checked with my Airlines & they said I need to check with UK Embassy & they have no idea if I can fly via London on expired Stamped H1 on my passport without any hassles.

Comment

Hi Rahul - I am in similar situation as you are. My visa on passport had expired but I have an approved AP. I also have B1 visa that is valid until 2015.
        I am wondering if you checked with UK embassy and what was the outcome.

If you ended up applying for DATV, how long did it for processing? I was looking at the instructions and it said something like getting finger prints.. & BS. I have already did finger printing for 485, not sure if I should do it again?

Any input is really appreciated.

Comment

Hi,
          I checked with the airlines (Continental) first if I could travel on valid B1 visa but they were not sure so later I checked with my travel agent. He told me I need to have the same Approved visa on which I came to US which was H1 in my case. He gave me 2 options - to go for Transit visa for UK or change the route to travel via Newark- Mumbai without halt in Europe or middle east. Since I had less time left for my actual travel, I went for changing the flights & booked tickets via NY-Mumbai. I heard getting UK transit visa is very simple but didnt want to take chance.Hope this helps.

Rahul

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X