Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B -> Please help ImmiHelp..already posted twice..no one answered

Hi Immihelp Members,

I am employed with Company A and working as a consultant at their client site B. A & B have direct relationship.Company A is growing company and has headoffice in Virginia and one branch in NYC-Wall street.
    The client site B is a big financial bank in NYC.

I got my H-1B Visa approved in Dec 2010 (Petitioner was Company A). I plan to get my H-1B Visa stamped in the 1st half of this year at Mumbai consulate.I am a bit concerned reading all the H-1B visa stamping issues in this forum in last few months and I spoke about this to my employers.They said I am over-reading stuff and over-thinking. I just have to go to the Consulate and during the interview - just tell them (when asked) I work for Company A.My profile is so and so and my responsibilities etc. And no need to mention about the Client.

This got me confused. The client as I mentioned is a big financial bank. I was assuming that if I mention the client name in the interview, it would make my case strong and my stamping would be done. Also, I don't understand what responsibilities I can state for my profile in Company A because I work at their client site B and my work responsibilities are related to client site.

I have the below questions:

1) Why the client name shouldn't be mentioned as per my employer (inspite of the client being a big name)?
    2) Is it sufficient to get the visa just by mentioning the Employer name. Employer is small and growing. I was concerned about the 221(g) slips issued to many applicants for various reasons during visa stamping.
    3) If at all I get my visa stamped without any hassles, what should be my port of entry in US (Washington DC-Virginia or NY-NJ). I ask because my employer head office is in Virginia and in pay stubs the address mentioned is Virginia whereas I live and work in NY-NJ area.

My record is clean. I did my MS in US from a reputed university.

I understand that a lot depends on luck but I would really appreciate if someone can answer my queries.

Thanks a ton

Well you should not worry this much. Just be confident and answer confidently and honestly whatever. Ideally they will ask you your employer name first and sometime they ask about your client , if they do ask just answer them honestly.I have appeared for h1b stamping twice. I was cleared first and but ran into 221g second time.

Also you should not reading too many of these posts since most of the post here are from the people who are already facing visa issues.

Wish you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X