Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-140 approved...can I change the company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-140 approved...can I change the company?

Hello there,
    I am on H1-B visa with A company. Labor and i-140 processes have been completed. Now I want to move to a different company.... is it possible to do so for me with my current situation in greencard process ?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

You can move to a different employer. However the GC process will need to be restarted from the beginning and the new employer will need to file the labor at least 365 days prior to your 6th year end to get the 7th year extension. The priority date from the current labor can be recaptured to file I-485.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I-140 approved....can I change company?

Thanks for the reply.

What if I've already completed 6 years on H1 with A company?
      Is it not possible to move to another employer?

Comment

Possible. You will need a copy of the I-140 approval notice and your current employer shouldn't have revoked the I-140 when the H1B transfer is in process.

Comment

You mean, I can still move to a different employer even after 6 years are over on H1 as long as the first employer does not revoke my I-140 ???

Comment

Yes. You need a copy of your I-140 approval notice while filing the transfer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X