Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help _H1 Stamping

Hi,

I have an H1 in approved status but the stamping was not done.and teh approval period is till 2012.Now, I got H4 stamped and came to US. Do I need to go back to India to get H1 stamped or can I get it stamped in Mexico or Canada.

If this is your first time H1B stamping and if you did not do you higher education in U.S, then you should go back to your home country to get the H1B stamped.

However, visa is just an entry document (You need the H1B visa only when you want to re-enter U.S in H1B status). Your employer can file a COS from H4 to H1B and when that gets approved you can start working without having to leave the country to get the H1B stamped.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i am going for visa stamping to home country. Is there any issues that i might encounter for H1 stamping?
      will ther be an issue that i had an h4 stamped before

Comment

i am going for visa stamping to home country. Is there any issues that i might encounter for H1 stamping?
        >>> How can anyone predict whether you will have issues in your stamping or not? Search and read about the experiencs posted by others in the forum. If you don't carry proper documents or if your employer has a bad employment/immigration history or if you have violated your status in U.S, then it will cause issues.

will ther be an issue that i had an h4 stamped before
        >>> That should not be an issue. If that was a case, then no one who was in the dependent status before can work in U.S.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X