Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 transfer approved - H4 transfer required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer approved - H4 transfer required?

Hello,

My H1 got approved with Company B, but stamping was done with Company A which is valid till end of 2012, for both of us. Now my wife is on H4, she will be going for vacation to India.

My Question is - Do I need to file her H4 transfer also with Company B? to come back to USA. Or not required. At port of entry, will they ask for H4 transfer as well with Company B Or allows her on my new H1 approval with Company B.

Please advise. Thanks.

H4 is not linked to the company and does not need a transfer. However, for the I-94 dates to match, people apply for extension for H4 too.

As there is pending travel, there is no point in wasting funds for a H4 extension.

The H4 needs to carry your approved petition for Company B and at POE present the new petition from the company with a new expiration date. I-94 will be issued based on it (instead of the visa).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X