Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Employer not paying salary for what he committed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Employer not paying salary for what he committed.

Hi,

I am quite frustrated with my present situation. Here's my sad story:

I came to US on L1B Visa through company A. In 2010 Company B filed for my H1B. They asked me to pay half of the H1B filing money ($1500) which will be returned later. They sent me a document mentioning that as a training cost which I signed and paid them online $1500. I shouldn't have done this. My mistake. I was never given any training and money was not returned.

Company B also verbally committed to me that they'll be paying me roughly 80% of the client project contract amount which they will be getting from the client. They asked me to sigh the contract document with them which mentioned my salary way to less than expected. When I asked why the salary is mentioned too less here, they mentioned that don't worry about it. It is done to keep the agreement same as LCA filled. And I'll be getting what I was promised. the contract document also mentioned that if i leave the company within 1 year, I'll be paying liquidity damages to the company. This was big trap which I didn't understand that time and signed the document. This was my 2nd biggest mistake.

Now for last 5 months they are paying me at very lower rate (what was in the contract which is roughly 50% of client project contract amount). I called them on phone and they mentioned that they'll eventually release my salaries but they never released. I sent many emails that this is not what I should be getting as per the commitment given but they never replied to my emails. I mentioned in the emails cleary that what I should be getting. So now they haven't paid me almost $8,000 in last 5 months.

I am planning to quit the company B and join company C.

Here are my questions:

1) Is there any way I can complain legally about Company B and get my money? I have sent many emails that mentions what I should be getting. Does emails can be used in this case?

2) If I leave the company B and join company C. Can they drag me to the court to pay for liquidity damages since I left them within 1 year?

I moved to H1B thinking that I would have a better life but it has become way more worse. Please advise me what are the best suggestions for me in this situation. Thanks a lot.

Please help me !!

Regards.
    Hrithik Sharma

First to begin with -

h1b is a curse and we can never understand why we get into this trap of H1b

If i were you - i would report them to DOL and make them pay all the backlog what you deserve...

No wonder now all of them are getting blacklisted at US consulate in India when you go for stamping - so that people dont get into this mess

Comment

If they did pay according to LCA and contract, there is nothing you can do.
      If they did not pay you during bench or any such period, you can certainly make them pay.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X