Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC info..needed

Hi All,

I am in H1B (2nd tenure) for the past 3.10 (yrs) landed in usa 3.8 yrs ago. I am looking for change of company and file GC from new one. my questions are

1. Can i file the gc at my 6th year of H1B? if yes how many years of extension i gets and what are the odds after that?

2. If i file gc with my current company, till what stage i need to stick with my employer before jump into new one?

1. Can i file the gc at my 6th year of H1B? if yes how many years of extension i gets and what are the odds after that?
    >>> Labor need to be filed 365 days before the end of the 6th year to get the 7th year extension. If I-140 also gets approved before the end of the 6th year, then you can get a 3 year extension.

2. If i file gc with my current company, till what stage i need to stick with my employer before jump into new one?
    >>> You can transfer to a new employer after the I-140 gets approved and you will get a 3 year extension (assuming the I-140 is not revoked by yor current employer whne the transfer is in progress). You will need a copy of the I-140 if you want to do that. The GC process will eed to be restarted again when you move to the new employer. But, you can retain the priority date.

You can also quit the employer and join a new one after you get the EAD.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You can also quit the employer and join a new one after you get the EAD.[/COLOR]
      Only after 180 days of 485 filing if the job is same/similar.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

shervin143, txh1b

Thanks to you both guys, appreciate your help,

and have one last question, typically how much time takes for I-140 get approved from the day of Labor cleared/startdate

Comment

3-6 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by vis View Post
          typically how much time takes for I-140 get approved from the day of Labor cleared/startdate
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X