Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a vendor sue me or my employer if i can't join them on the project date they ment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a vendor sue me or my employer if i can't join them on the project date they ment

Hi Guys,

I have a situation here.I recently got a job offer (my employer sponsored my l1b to h1b with the client letter provided by my prime vendor and client).I agreed them to join on a specific day.Now i can't join them on that date as i have to serve notice period at my current location.
    Now prime vendor is threatening me that if i don't join on the date mentioned he will sue my employer.I have signed a document with vendor before interview and it has the following clause.

3. it is further agreed that i will start the project on start date requested by client and failing to do so will result in liquidated damages as determined by a court of law.

Now, i have the following questions

1 ) Can prime vendor sue me or sue my employer based on that document ?
    2 ) Can they do anything with my approved H1B visa as they provided me the client letter

Please help me ASAP as this is very urgent .

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ) Can prime vendor sue me or sue my employer based on that document ?
    >>> Possible.

2 ) Can they do anything with my approved H1B visa as they provided me the client letter
    >>> The Vendor cannot do anything with your approval notice. Your employer can however revoke it if required.

Note: Working for the L1 employer past the H1B effective date is considered illegal employment. Starting the H1B effective date your status will change to H1B and you need to be working for the H1B employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X