Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B filed at USCIS, Vermont. How much time does it take to get a receipt

Hi,

My H1B visa was filed this morning (1/27/2011) at the USCIS center in Vermont. I know that the quota of 65000 visas will run dry any time now. How much time does it take generally to get a receipt of payment after the visa has been submitted. I believe that this is the only way to know if you make it within the current quota.

Please let me know if you have any experience in this matter.
    Best

Anywhere beetween a week or two.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks

thanks shervin,
      do you mean just getting a receipt may take two weeks?
      given that this is premium processing i thought the whole process is completed in two weeks and i should get an answer to the receipt / quota issue in two days?

Comment

Is it a first time H1b filing? If no then you will be exempt of 65000 quota. If yes then for new h1b filing there is nothing like premium as per my knowledge.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

Yes it is the first time, but you are mistaken. Premium processing exists even for first time H1b aplications

Comment

This information is wrong.

Originally posted by milda View Post
            Is it a first time H1b filing? If no then you will be exempt of 65000 quota. If yes then for new h1b filing there is nothing like premium as per my knowledge.

Comment

Yes, the whole process would complete in 15 days. It hardcopy of the receipt notice will still take 1-2 weeks. Check with your attorney. For premium petitions, there is a way to check online to make sure that USCIS has received the petition.

Originally posted by shankles View Post
              thanks shervin,
              do you mean just getting a receipt may take two weeks?
              given that this is premium processing i thought the whole process is completed in two weeks and i should get an answer to the receipt / quota issue in two days?

Comment

Thanks for correcting me....Till this time, I didn't know this one. I thought premium for h1 extension or h1 transfer only. But anyways, thanks for such a nice knowledge sharing.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                Yes, the whole process would complete in 15 days. It hardcopy of the receipt notice will still take 1-2 weeks. Check with your attorney. For premium petitions, there is a way to check online to make sure that USCIS has received the petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X