Error in annotation in US visa stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in annotation in US visa stamp

I travelled with my family from the US to India on a very short trip. We left from the US on Thu 20 Jan. We landed in Mumbai on Fri 21 Jan. We had the visa appointment (only for me, my son and my daughter) on Mon Jan 24 - for the H-1B visa and H-4 visa stampings (My wife is on a F-1 visa). We are scheduled to leave back to the US on the night of Fri 28 Jan.

1. My passport still shows up as "In Process" on the VFS website. This is after I have received the visa stamped passports for my son and daughter on Thu Jan 27. The issue date of the H-4 visa stamps on their passports is Mon 24 Jan. I dont understand why the principal applicant's visa is getting delayed, while the dependent applicants visa is stamped on the passports.

2. I noticed just a few minutes ago that there is a mistake in the visa stamp for my daughter. The mistake is in the annotations section. The PA (should be my name) name is some other name.

How can I correct (2) - should I go to VFS or the Mumbai consulate? Will that impact our travel on Fri night - considering I have less than 24 hrs to the flight? Can my daughter travel back to the US without any issues from (2)?
    Also, is (1) being held up because of (2)?

I will really appreciate any hellp/info.

1. My passport still shows up as "In Process" on the VFS website. This is after I have received the visa stamped passports for my son and daughter on Thu Jan 27. The issue date of the H-4 visa stamps on their passports is Mon 24 Jan. I dont understand why the principal applicant's visa is getting delayed, while the dependent applicants visa is stamped on the passports.
    >>> This is not new. This has happened before. There are cases where the dependent visas are issued but the primary applicant's application went into admin process after a successful visa interview. I hope in your case it is just getting delayed. You should be receiving it within another week.

2. I noticed just a few minutes ago that there is a mistake in the visa stamp for my daughter. The mistake is in the annotations section. The PA (should be my name) name is some other name. How can I correct (2) - should I go to VFS or the Mumbai consulate?
    >>> If it was a mistake on the consulate end, they will be able to correct it without much delay. Contact the VFS Helpdesk or Consulate to get this corrected.

Will that impact our travel on Fri night - considering I have less than 24 hrs to the flight? Can my daughter travel back to the US without any issues from (2)?
    >>> I wouldn't advise your H4 dependents to travel without you. Basically H4 depends on H1B status. When you are outside U.S, you hold no status. So obviously, they do not qualify for H4. Just so that you don't make things complicated, it is better to travel together rather than sending them alone with your wife who is in F1. If questioned at the POE, they will have to convince the IO that you will travel later. If they come to know that your visa is still not issued, that could cause issues.

Also, is (1) being held up because of (2)?
    >>> I don't think so.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Dependents will not be able to enter without the principal being in H1 status in the US.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X