H1B - Visa Interview (Place of stay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Visa Interview (Place of stay)

Hi All, this is my 1st post in this forum and I hope to get some help in my case.
    I have my H1B visa interview next week in Chennai.

I work for an IT company and we work in different accounts for the same client.
    When I filed the H1b petition I was working for the client A's name for his business BS1. And then I moved on to a different project for the same client but for a different business BS2. After getting the approval and while filling the online DS 160 form, I have mentioned the place of stay where client A's business BS2 is there. (Example: New york)

Acutally as per the petition, my client is in Texas. Now, will this cause any issue during the interview as in my interview letter, I am going to mention the A-BS1. And the officer can ask me where are you going and where is your client located. I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by darkprince; 02-01-2011, 04:56 AM.

Sure can cause issues. EMployer has to file for a new labor and amend the H1b if required. Talk to your lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response!!

The VO may not know that i worked for the BS2, unless i say it. So, can I still say that I have integration work in dallas w.r.t BS1 and will return back to New york once the work is done.

Note: there are some offices of BS1 in dallas.

Will this be better?

Comment

If the figure out it is a lie, then they can ban you for life from entering U.S. Whether to take a chance or not is upto you.

Originally posted by darkprince View Post
        Thanks for the response!!

The VO may not know that i worked for the BS2, unless i say it. So, can I still say that I have integration work in dallas w.r.t BS1 and will return back to New york once the work is done.

Note: there are some offices of BS1 in dallas.

Will this be better?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X