Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extention

Hi,
    My H1b papers are valid up to Aug-2011. To extend my h1b visa how long i have to stay in USA. currently i am in India, I am planing to go USA in the month of March. Am I eligible to apply for extension of my H1B visa. If yes when i need to apply for extension.

Extension can be filed 6 months before the I-94 expiry date (You will get the I-94 when you enter U.S). The documents for extending the status will need to reach USCIS before the I-94 expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I94 cards

Hi Shervin,

I have a question on my i94 cards. I have been in US on H1B for 3 years and during these years i have changed 3-4 employers. Also, i have travelled twice outside of US (india vacation) during these years. Everytime i travelled outside of the US i returned my original i94 card which was given to me at the port of entry.
      Currently i am in india and went for VISA interview few months back and waiting for admin processing to complete. Now here is the confusing part, i never realised untill now that there is also a I-94 card attached to the 1797 approval notice from each employer i changed and we also have to return all of them when you leave the US.
      Now that i have only returned the original i-94 cards and never returned those came with the work permitts; my question is what am i supposed to do now?. I have already attended the VISA interview at the hyderabad consulate for H1 extension and its been almost 5 months the process is pending admin processing. Do you think it is because of the i-94 cards thing?
      Request you to please suggest what should i do?

Thanks!

Comment

It is very urgent, please suggest!. Would really appreciate the help!
        Last edited by Mhd_k; 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

You will need to return all the uncollected I-94's back to CBP. Check the below link.
          https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/

Originally posted by Mhd_k View Post
          Hi Shervin,

I have a question on my i94 cards. I have been in US on H1B for 3 years and during these years i have changed 3-4 employers. Also, i have travelled twice outside of US (india vacation) during these years. Everytime i travelled outside of the US i returned my original i94 card which was given to me at the port of entry.
          Currently i am in india and went for VISA interview few months back and waiting for admin processing to complete. Now here is the confusing part, i never realised untill now that there is also a I-94 card attached to the 1797 approval notice from each employer i changed and we also have to return all of them when you leave the US.
          Now that i have only returned the original i-94 cards and never returned those came with the work permitts; my question is what am i supposed to do now?. I have already attended the VISA interview at the hyderabad consulate for H1 extension and its been almost 5 months the process is pending admin processing. Do you think it is because of the i-94 cards thing?
          Request you to please suggest what should i do?

Thanks!
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X