Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Case update

Hi,

My H1B petition was approved on Feb 1, 2011 under premium processing and I received petition approval scanned copy. I was waiting to get the hard copy of approval. Yesterday I saw my case status getting updated to "On February 9, 2011, we mailed a filing fee refund invitation. Please follow the instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location.". I do not understand the meaning of this. Has anyone got this status update after their petition was approved? Any idea when can I expect the hard copy?

Thanks in advance

Did you upgrade the petition to premium from a normal petition in the middle? If so, if the petition was approved under normal processing, the premium filing fee will be refunded.

If not, the online status is sometimes incorrect and may not mean much.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hey,

What you said is correct. In the middle my petition was upgraded to premium processing, but the approval come thru normal way. I received the scanned copy of NOA on Feb 1, 2011. Do you have any idea how much time it usually takes for the hard copy to reach attorneys in US?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Usually within 1-2 weeks.

Originally posted by k_manjunath17 View Post
        Do you have any idea how much time it usually takes for the hard copy to reach attorneys in US?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Does the intermediate conversion from regular to premium processing affect the time they take to courier the hard copy? Can the attorneys contact the USCIS helpline to know what is holding them from mailing the hard copy? Now its been more than 2 weeks and no news of it yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X