Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer / renewal

Hi,

I work in US with a J1 visa. My fiancee works for an IT major in India. She had been sponsored a H1B visa valid from Sep, 2007 to Sep, 2010. She had stayed in US from Mar, 2008 to Apr, 2010. She had not applied for extension before her return to India in April 2010. Now, she wants her H1B visa to be either renewed or transferred as she is planning to join me in US.

(1) Is there a possibility to extend or transfer or renew her H1B visa when she is in India?

(2) If yes, does she have to find a new employer or job in US? Or she could approach attorneys or job recruitment firms who will file papers for the process?

(3) Also, if she could get it renewed or transferred how many more years she could work with the H1B visa?

(4) Could someone suggest me some reliable job recruitment firms in US or India that helps in this process?

Thanks.

Jai
    Last edited by jairichi; 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM.

(1) Is there a possibility to extend or transfer or renew her H1B visa when she is in India?
    >>> Yes. Any new employer can use the CAP from the old H1B approval notice to file a new petition under the same CAP and request an immediate start date.

(2) If yes, does she have to find a new employer or job in US? Or she could approach attorneys or job recruitment firms who will file papers for the process?
    >>> She need to fond a new employer who can sponsor her the H1B.

(3) Also, if she could get it renewed or transferred how many more years she could work with the H1B visa?
    >>> 6 years minus whatever time that is already spent in U.S on H1B + L1 combined.

(4) Could someone suggest me some reliable job recruitment firms in US or India that helps in this process?
    >>> http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-sponsori...nies-database/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much Shervin

Comment

Hi,

In the worst case if my fiancee comes to US as my dependent (J2 visa status) will she be able to convert later to H1B visa in US?

Thanks.

Jai

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X