Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 premium processing

Hi,
    My consultant said he had submitted application for H1 premium processing under the 2008 CAP and the same was rcvd by USCIS on 3rd feb and a receipt number was issued to us. We were under the impression since it gets processed within 15 calendar days we should get the result by 17th feb but today we got an update while tracking the receipt number as quote"Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on February 16, 2011. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
    What does that mean?
    Does it mean that it will take another 15 calendar days to get H1 premium processed and that the consultant had not filed for premium processing earlier.Or is it that since there is a delay they will refund the premium processing fee and continue with the premium service? Pls advise me

It looks like USCIS issued the receipt notice only on 16th Feb. If yur employer claims that they already have a receipt dated 3rd Feb then get a copy of it to verify. It will take 15 days from the date of receipt notice to get a decision. If your employer can show a receipt dated 3rd Feb and if it takes more than 15 days to get the result, then USCIS will refund the premium processing fees.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 premium processing

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It looks like USCIS issued the receipt notice only on 16th Feb. If yur employer claims that they already have a receipt dated 3rd Feb then get a copy of it to verify. It will take 15 days from the date of receipt notice to get a decision. If your employer can show a receipt dated 3rd Feb and if it takes more than 15 days to get the result, then USCIS will refund the premium processing fees.
      But the employer had given the receipt number issued by the uscis to track the status of the application. We tracked the receipt number(in uscis.gov) in the case status and it said that the application was received on 3rd feb 2011 only(case was on initial reveiw) But when we used the same receipt number today to track the progress the contents read as "Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on February 16, 2011. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
      So what does that mean?

Comment

Well, the petition might have been filed for normal process initially and later upgraded to premium on 16th. Check with your employer. They are the only one who can give you the fact.

Originally posted by annjohn7977 View Post
        But the employer had given the receipt number issued by the uscis to track the status of the application. We tracked the receipt number(in uscis.gov) in the case status and it said that the application was received on 3rd feb 2011 only(case was on initial reveiw) But when we used the same receipt number today to track the progress the contents read as "Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on February 16, 2011. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
        So what does that mean?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X