Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 94

fghj
    Last edited by harigoli; 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM.

No. You should have the approved petition with you. If you have that, at least you can leave the country and return back to get an I-94 at the POE (provided you already have a valid visa). It is required for stamping as well. Talk your employer or your employer's attorney.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I 94

sdf
      Last edited by harigoli; 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Usually if they cannot issue you an I-94 there, then they will ask you to file the extension. I haven't heard of cases where they take the documents. However since it is just a copy, I don't think you should worry so much. Is your current I-94 still valid? If yes, then either file the extension or leave the country and return back on H1B visa.

Comment

This is exactly why you should not leave the country when a petition is pending with USCIS. Search and read about the "last action rule". The last received I-94 takes predence over all the other I-94's that you have. Technically you should have returned the I-94 that came with the approval notice to CBP since you were outside the country when the petition got approved.

Do you have a valid visa in hand? If yes, then your best bet is to leave the country (make sure you return all the I-94 that you have when you leave) and return back on a valid passport (the renewed one in you case), a valid visa and petition which will get you a new I-94 until the petition expiry date.

Comment

The entire botton portion of the approval notice belongs to you. Your employer will need to give that to you. You need to return that original I-94 (That comes with the approval notice) to the CBP and not a xerox copy.

Anyhow, search an read about the last action rule. The last received I-94 is what will take the precedence. Either file the extension before that I-94 (Received at the POE) expires or leave the country and return back with a new I-94.

Comment

Message for harigoli. Please don't delete your questions, once you get answer for your questions.
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X