Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer Question

Hi,
    My current status is H1B and got another job.

My query is
    1. Can I start working for New company as soon as my H1 transfer application is accepted by USCIS or should I wait till receipt # is generated.
    2. It may be a dumb question, but any idea on timeline to get the receipt # if applied in regular process thru Vermont?

Depending on answers I can decide to go for PP or regular and save few bucks!!

Thanks in advance.
    Deepak.

1. Can I start working for New company as soon as my H1 transfer application is accepted by USCIS or should I wait till receipt # is generated.
    >>> You should wait until your receive the receipt notice. It is advisable you join the new employer only after the H1B approval.

2. It may be a dumb question, but any idea on timeline to get the receipt # if applied in regular process thru Vermont?
    >>> 1 -2 weeks.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> You should wait until your receive the receipt notice. It is advisable you join the new employer only after the H1B approval.

>>> 1 -2 weeks.
      Thank you!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X