X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension after 6 year.

Dear All:

Need your advice on the H1 extension questions below:

1) Would H1 and H4 extension cost vary based on what number of times you are extending it? (First extension: after initial 3 years, Second extension: after 6 + 1 year if labor is approved/ pending, Third extension: 7 + 3 year after I-140 approved)

2) What is H1 and H4 extension cost in both the mode of processing?
    a) H1 Normal process:
    b) H1 Premium process:
    c) H4 Normal process:
    d) H4 Premium process:

3) My I-140 is approved and H1 6th year expiry is on March 2012. Can my employer apply for H1 extension on July 2011 i.e. prior 9 months to existing H1 expiry? If not than could you let me know how soon we can apply for H1 extension in this case?

Your answers on questions above are appreciated.

Regards
    Amit Mayekar

1) Would H1 and H4 extension cost vary based on what number of times you are extending it? (First extension: after initial 3 years, Second extension: after 6 + 1 year if labor is approved/ pending, Third extension: 7 + 3 year after I-140 approved)
    >>> First time H1B petition by an employer and the first extension cost more. Check form I-129 for more details. The H1B cost vary from one emmployer to another based on the number of H1B employees, the total number of employees working for the company etc. Check the USCIS.giv website for more details.

2) What is H1 and H4 extension cost in both the mode of processing?
    Check this.
    https://www.immihelp.com/uscis-filing-fees/

a) H1 Normal process:
    >>> Like I mentined in my previous reply, the total cost varies by employer. The base filing fee is $325.

b) H1 Premium process:
    >>> Additional $1250

c) H4 Normal process:
    >>> $290.

d) H4 Premium process:
    >>> There is no premium process for H4.

3) My I-140 is approved and H1 6th year expiry is on March 2012. Can my employer apply for H1 extension on July 2011 i.e. prior 9 months to existing H1 expiry? If not than could you let me know how soon we can apply for H1 extension in this case?
    >>> Extension can be filed only 6 months before the I-94 expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X