Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about using H1 visa for a different company (validity)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about using H1 visa for a different company (validity)??

Hi,

I work for an MNC - say XYZ in Chennai. Through XYZ I recently got a H1 visa valid for the next 2 years. I have never travelled out of India till date. I've been requesting XYZ to send me onsite. XYZ is refusing to do so. I dont think XYZ would do it for the next 10 months. I'm planning to quit. Will I be able to use my H1 visa in a different company? Will it still remain valid? Can XYZ cancel my visa? Will I have to re-appear for the consolate interview? Please clarify.. I'm really not aware of the process. Thankyou!

I mainly want to know if my H1 visa would still be valid..!

Regards,
    stzz

The visa in the passport will remain valid until its expiry date. The employer cannot cancel the visa. But the employer can revoke the H1B petition that they filed. You can find a new employer who can file a new H1B petition (Using the CAP from the existing H1B petition with XYZ. You don't have to wait until April to file a petition under a new quota. Just give the new employer a copy of the existing approval notice) to work in U.S. When that petition gets approved, you can travel to U.S using the newly approved petition, the existing valid visa from company XYZ and other required documents from your new employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X