Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamp and H4 appointment - mumbai consulate

Hi,

I am working as a software engineer in USA. I have H1B approved with I-797 form. And I need to get the visa stamped in my passport. I am going to India in the month of June 05 for 4 weeks and also getting married in that period. I would be bringing my wife back to usa with me. So she needs to get her dependent visa.
    I am taking an appointment in Mumbai consulate. But I have few questions regarding this issue.

1. Can me (for H1B stamp) and my future wife (H4 visa) can appear for the interview together.

2. To take an appointment, should we (me and my wife) fill DS156,157 form as a married or a single. Because right now we are single and at the time of interview we will be married.

3. In taking an appointment do i need to send certificate of marriage. I dont have that because I am single. Or any other proof of our marriage.

Kindly, resolve these queries as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi Goluguddu,

Hi .. your case is very similar to me and my fiance's. My fiance is also a software engineer in USA (H1) and we are getting married in April. He is also coming down for 4 weeks and we are getting married in the interim. We also were planning to fly back together to US but unfortunately we cant. The reason being the Mumbai consulate is not taking applications for a H4 dependent visa without a marriage certificate, which means I cannot put my application till we get married. This also means that if I put my application after marriage, I am going to get an interview date way after 2 months atleast looking at the rushes now.

I hope I have answered your question, but in case you find a way around it wherein it is possible to put an application when you are single and get an interview by the time you get married please please let me know.

Thanks.

Comment

I have the same situation

Hi Goluguddu,

I have a similar situation as you and i am a resident of mumbai. Did you get an answer for that question about you getting your wife along with you.

ALso, kindly reply if you need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate. I am planning an august trip for marriage and stamping and i need to get my future wife's H4 stamped at the same time.

Thanks

Rajesh

Comment

Same situation

Hi,
        I am also in the same situation.Please reply me on the solutions you found.

I also saw in the forum that "In Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata, you can apply for an H4/L2 interview date for your spouse without a marriage certificate"

Sathiya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X