H1B Transfer between two companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer between two companies

Hi, I need a clarification on H1B transfers... How long would it take to transfer from one company to another. Suppose by 1st May i resign from X company and join Y company on 15th May. can you please tell me how long it would take to process my H1B transfer.
    Another question is: Is it a risky process? Is there any chances of rejection?
    am a master degree holder in Computers and having 10 yrs exp. in IT.

You cannot join the second company without having their petition receipt.
    With premium processing it takes 15 days max after receiving receipt notice to get a decision unless there is an RFE. With normal processing it can take 2-3 months.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks,

my family is in India now... they already stamped and having valid H4 now.

Should i bring them to US before I shift to another company or after moving to another company and wait till my H1 get transfer successfully and then get them stamped again based on new company.
      please advice. thanks

Comment

They don't need to go for stamping again if their existing H4 visa will be valid on the date of travel. H4 is not associated with any of your employers. You can either bring them now and then file the transfer or file the transfer and bring your family after you receive the approval notice when the transfer is successful. They will need to show the approval notice of the company for which you are working at the POE to get the I-94.

Originally posted by srikanthgovindaswamy View Post
        Thanks,

my family is in India now... they already stamped and having valid H4 now.

Should i bring them to US before I shift to another company or after moving to another company and wait till my H1 get transfer successfully and then get them stamped again based on new company.
        please advice. thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Your family can travel anytime using their existing Visas.
          At POE they need to show copy of your approval notice (the one with which you are working at that point of time)

Comment

Thanks, that helps me

Comment

Hi,

Earlier I was asking about H1 transfer.

Can you please tell me what is the difference in H1 Transfer processing Fee (normal and premium).

Comment

Transfer is just a new petition using previous cap number. Technically it is no different from a fresh new petition. For any petition premium processing means additional $1,250.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X