Regarding H1B Extension. <Urgent>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B Extension. <Urgent>

Currently I am in India and will be travelling to US in first week of April. My H1B petition will expire in May 16th 2011. Can you please guide me the risk/possibilities of the H1B extension?
    I was told by some friends that I need 2 latest complete paystubs to apply for the extension. Can you please guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need the latest pay slips (3-4 months) to file the extension. However, you need the pay slips only for the period of stay in U.S in H1B status. You don't need pay slips for the period when you are in vacation outside U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin..
      But here I do not have any payslips yet. If I reach there in April 1st week then I will get one paysub at April 15th and another at April 30th.
      Is it enough for the extension?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Yes. I have mentioned clearly in my previous reply that you need payslips only for the period of stay in U.S on H1B status. If you are in H1B status only for 1 month, then that is good enough. The lawyer who files the transfer need to specify clearly to USCIS that you are in H1B only for 1 month.

Originally posted by aneesh0102 View Post
        Thanks shervin..
        But here I do not have any payslips yet. If I reach there in April 1st week then I will get one paysub at April 15th and another at April 30th.
        Is it enough for the extension?

Thanks in advance..
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X