Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help on 221(G) Green Form from delhi Consu

Hi

I work for a big US IT MNC & applied had approved H1B Petition. Apppeared for interview on 10th Feb . They had asked some docs & given 221(G) green Form. They have kept my passport along wit my spouse passport.I submitted docs with VFS on 28th February & still waiting to hear anything. However at the time of interview VO told me dat it will be a very quick decison & will take 1-2 days..
    Does any one had any clue how much time they will take.

No one can predict. Follow this thread.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is your name is very common?? And What all docs he asked from you.

You are working as a Full Time?

Comment

HI Immihelp07

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my name is a bit common. But i have been to US earlier on B-1 twice. During my B-1 stamping few years back they had done administrative processing , so i think name should not be a problem this time.

Yes, i work as Full Time Employee & have been with same company for last 5+ years.
        Additionally they had asked invitaion letter from client & a copy of contract between company & client ( which i have already provided)

Thanks

Comment

Okay... I don't think this time Admin Processing is on your part.
          As you mention they asked about the relation b/w company and client then probably they will verify on professional front.

Comment

Hi Immihelp07

But any idea now a days how much time they are taking for this process. Even if they are looking at the professional front.

Rgds

Comment

Don't know yaar.. Why they are doing so much of scrutinizing and what is the intent behind it..

As per the post it seems almost 80%-90% people for h1 stamping are getting delayed.

Comment

Green slip and a call today from consulate

I had got a green slip and then I submitted all the documents...I recently had received an email from NIV asking to submit my passport...I sent it and then today I received a call from US consulate delhi for more information wherein they asked me all the typical visa interview questions like how did u come to know about xyz(my employer)? is it a big or a small company? how much will they pay u? how many H1 employees are working for xyz? etc...then the lady said that they are still processing my application and they cannot give me any specific timeframe...

Has any one else gone thru this? Has anyone else received a call from the consulate...if so, did u guys get the visa approved or not? Also, what is the usual turnaround time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X