Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition rejected while H1b interview process

Hi,
    My H1b Petition was rejected at the time of H1B interview process in kolkata. Actually I went to America on F1 status then I converted to H1B in 2008 through a consulting company. At that time they showed my work address as their own office in the H1B petition. After that very first day of my H1B which was oct 1st, 2008, I got the project at client side and since then I was working. My employer provided me all updated the LCA but they never changed the H1B petition. So during the interview process which was on March 4th, 2011, they rejected my H1b petition itself saying that your employer lied to USCIS because they dint inform that you are working at client side. So now what options do I have? and has any experienced such problem?

Please help !
    Thanks !

The reason for rejection is right. Your employer should have filed an H1B amendment to let USCIS know about your actual work location. You were employed at a location that was not approved by USCIS. Maybe you can try to find a new employer who can file a petition under the current CAP and when that gets approved, you can go to the visa interview again.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X