Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA for a different client but same employer

Hi,
    I work for a consulting company. My employer had filed a fresh H1B petition for me for FY 2011, for Client A. I have the approved petition now. But, Since there are no opportunities with client A, I am looking for some other projects with a different client. In this case, i will have to apply for a LCA for location change. But, it is a common opinion that recently LCA requests are being rejected, if the candidate has not traveled to the location mentioned on the petition at least once.

I havent traveled for the client A even once after i received the visa. Can I apply for a LCA? will there be any issues in getting the approval? Please advise

Thanks,
    Sowmya

Well, you need a new LCA if the client and location are different. I don't think you have an option to decide whether to file it or not. Whether it will get approved or not is nobody's guess.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin, Thanks again!

Is it true that most of the cities in Texas DO NOT allow people with H1B to work there? Where can I get information on this?

Please advise

Comment

Sorry, I am aware of any such thing.

Originally posted by sowmi68 View Post
        Shervin, Thanks again!

Is it true that most of the cities in Texas DO NOT allow people with H1B to work there? Where can I get information on this?

Please advise
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X