Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Visa stamping

Hi to all,
    This forum very helpfull to me, still I not planned for my 2nd term H1B stamping.
    I got H1B transfer and today my attorney will apply for renewal.
    now my question about second stamping:
    My story: I got H1B stamp from UK (that time I was on HSMP visa in UK, Now my HSMP is not valid because I moved to USA).

at Present I am in the USA (Vail Colorado), now if I want go for second stamping then where I have to go. I am Indian citizen.
    is it possible that I can go Canada or Mexico for my second stamping (if I plan for stamping). OR I have to go India becasue one stamping is done in the UK (outside home country)?

If I eligible to go for stamping in Canada then after expiered of my H1B visa , can I go Canada toronto or mexico for the stamping with expiered H1B visa even H4 for my spouse?

please suggest me the best option.

Parag

Is it possible that I can go Canada or Mexico for my second stamping (if I plan for stamping). OR I have to go India becasue one stamping is done in the UK (outside home country)?
    >>> Yes, you can go to Canada or Mexico.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/

If I eligible to go for stamping in Canada then after expiered of my H1B visa , can I go Canada toronto or mexico for the stamping with expiered H1B visa even H4 for my spouse?
    >>> Visa is just an entry doucment to U.S. Usually people don't go for visa stamping unless the previous one is already expired. So I am not sure what your question is. As long as you have maintained your immigration status in U.S (never out of status or acculumated illegal stay), then you can choose to go to Canada or Mexico.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Is it possible that I can go Canada or Mexico for my second stamping (if I plan for stamping). OR I have to go India becasue one stamping is done in the UK (outside home country)?
      >>> Yes, you can go to Canada or Mexico.
      https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/

>>> Visa is just an entry doucment to U.S. Usually people don't go for visa stamping unless the previous one is already expired. So I am not sure what your question is. As long as you have maintained your immigration status in U.S (never out of status or acculumated illegal stay), then you can choose to go to Canada or Mexico.

Thanks but my 2nd question is my visa is expiered and I can able to go for stamping in Mexico or Canada?

After expiered of H1b with reenwal I797 , can we travel canada and mexico for stamping and return back to the USA if stamping not done?

another question is I heared that once you stamp outside your home country then 2nd stamping is not allowed from canada or mexico? is this true? I never went mexico or canada , I just got stamping from UK only. my home country is citizenship - India.

Parag
      Last edited by H1BVisaHolder; 04-06-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks but my 2nd question is my visa is expiered and I can able to go for stamping in Mexico or Canada?
        >>> Why will any one go for a visa stamping when they already have a valid visa in the passport. Technically your question doesn't make much sense. Most of the people go for visa stamping when their current visa is already expired. So the obvious answer is YES.

another question is I heared that once you stamp outside your home country then 2nd stamping is not allowed from canada or mexico? is this true? I never went mexico or canada , I just got stamping from UK only. my home country is citizenship - India.
        >>> As long as it is not your first time H1B stamping without completing your studiesin U.S, you can ofcourse go to Canada or Mexico. Did you go through the link that I have provided in my previous reply?If you are in doubt, email the respective consulate and they will be able to help you clarify your questions.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X