Mumbai Consulate Pending Cases under 221g, after March 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai Consulate Pending Cases under 221g, after March 22

Is there any body who went Mumbai consulate after March 22 2011 to submit additional docs or some other reason because of pending case ?

I went to submit my docs on 22nd March but there was no any American Visa Officer to handle H1/H4 pending case. My interview was taken by one Desi lady and she just collected all docs one by one and issued 221g Yellow. She didn't ask any Question (she didn't have authority to ask any question even). I didn't get a chance to explain my situation. I am planning to go again for my case in next week.

If you guys let me know if any body had same issue or if you know on which day I should go so I can talk one of the American visa officer.

If I go to consulate with Yellow slip, will they allow me to enter or there are chances to send me back with specifying that ur case is still under process.

Thanks

Mumbai consulate is under renovation. They have suspended all H1B & L1 visa processing. You cannot just walk-in to the consulate without a prior appointment. Talk to the VFS helpdesk for more details.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hey,

I want to apply for a B2 visitors visa for my parents from Mumbai consulate. Wanted to know for how long the consulate is going to be closed for renovation. Or can I apply for a visitor visa from Mumbai consulate. Sorry, wasnt able to find much details so posting this question here.

Thanks,
      Ankur

Comment

They have only stopped processing the the new H and L visas. Your parents can book an appointment for the B2 visa. Email the VFS helpdesk @ Mumbai for more details.
        infousmumbai @ vfshelpline . com

Originally posted by ankuravlani View Post
        Hey,

I want to apply for a B2 visitors visa for my parents from Mumbai consulate. Wanted to know for how long the consulate is going to be closed for renovation. Or can I apply for a visitor visa from Mumbai consulate. Sorry, wasnt able to find much details so posting this question here.

Thanks,
        Ankur
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X