Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g at New Delhi

Hi friends

I had my H1B visa interview on 25 March 2011 at the New Delhi US Embassy.
    I received a pink slip (221g) and the VO officer said my case needs more processing and asked me to go to counter 21. At counter 21 a lady gave me a pink colored consular notice and asked me to submit some documents (resume etc.) by email. She also gave me a case no. for tracking on the Embassy website.

I submitted those documents within 3 days and I am tracking my case on the website. So far it only says 'currently undergoing processing'.

Is there anyone who got the 221g slip around that date? What is the status of your case?

Is there any way to know if they have received my documents and associated them with my case?

thanks.

Follow this thread for 221g cases.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi

You have no other option but to wait in case of 221 g. I myself is also waiting for almost 2 months & i know many more are also waiting for longer time. So have patience & if ur case is genuine then u will get it

Comment

221g New Delhi US Embassy 22nd March 2011

Hi,

My case is similar too..
        My visa interview was on the 22nd March 2011 scheduled at the US embassy in New Delhi. At the time of the interview I was told that my visa had got approved and they did not give me any green or pink slip.

I had even asked the interviewer about collecting my passport the very next day (i.e 23rd March 2011) from window collection center in New Delhi and he confirmed with me and asked me to collect my passport. Unfortunately my passport had not arrived at the passport collection center. That same day I had a evening flight to catch to Mumbai and I asked the officials there to courier my passport at the Mumbai mailing address once they received it.

Weeks passed by and after calling the US Embassy and VFS center N number of times in New Delhi they informed me that my application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. They have also informed me that there is no definite time period for administrative processing and the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case.
        The US Embassy will contact me if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Its been close to 3 months now and still no reply from the embassy... can any some one help me in this matter!!!

Originally posted by DinuDayal View Post
        Hi friends

I had my H1B visa interview on 25 March 2011 at the New Delhi US Embassy.
        I received a pink slip (221g) and the VO officer said my case needs more processing and asked me to go to counter 21. At counter 21 a lady gave me a pink colored consular notice and asked me to submit some documents (resume etc.) by email. She also gave me a case no. for tracking on the Embassy website.

I submitted those documents within 3 days and I am tracking my case on the website. So far it only says 'currently undergoing processing'.

Is there anyone who got the 221g slip around that date? What is the status of your case?

Is there any way to know if they have received my documents and associated them with my case?

thanks.

Comment

any response from US embassy?

Did any of you folks get any response on your visa status?

if Yes than pls suggest how long it usually takes and what is the probability of getting the visa approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X