Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 help for H1B and H4 (Urgent)

Hi,

I need some urgent information. Hope you can help me with this information.

I am working Full Time in a company in Kansas City as a QA Engineer and I have got my H1 from my employer.

I will be going to India in the month of May 2011, and also will be getting married. After going through a lot of forum threads here, I have decided that me and my wife go to the interview together. We have already paid the VFS HDFC fees separately for me and her.

My question is - Should I fill TWO DS-160 applications (one each for me and her) or should I fill just ONE DS-160 and will there be an option to add her on at the end of the form? (I want to schedule the interview for me and her together).

Please let me know how to proceed with this, my travel date is nearing and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks You all,
    Alister

The two of you should fill 2 separate forms. You can take the appointment together but the applications are still separate.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Ah, okay. That should not be a problem, but wanted to make sure that by doing two separate applications I was not doing anything wrong. I am running on a very tight timeline and cannot afford to make documentation mistakes.

Thanks Kabkaba.

Comment

Choose the "Family Option" while completing the application. That will prompt you to fill separate DS-160 for each of the applicant who want to attend the visa interview in a single slot.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shervin143,

I think this is the answer I was looking for.
          So, when I choose the family option at the end of the First DS-160, I will have to provide the bar-code number of the receipt for my spouses application right?

Thanks for your help friend. Very much appreciated.

Regards,
          Alister.

Comment

Hi OP,

Yes...you have to enter the HDFC bar code # for the dependents.

Also there were some forums recently - you can seach for it....Where while fillling the DS-160 - it asked for the photographs to be uploaded only for the primary applicant and did not asked for the dependents. In that case - you need to carry the Photographs for the dependents as per the requirements when going for the Interview.

Thanks and Regards,
            Abhay

Comment

Hi Abhay,

Thanks so much for that advice. Its really great how you all come forward to help. I will make sure to take the photos to the interview place if it does not allow me to upload the photo in the form for the dependent.

Thanks & Regards,
              Alister

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am in a dilemma while filling the DS-160 form.
                I will be getting married on May 19th and I am looking to have the interview on the 24th or 25th of May. But I will be filling the DS-160 form for myself and adding on my to-be-wife in the family addition option.
                So my question is: Since I am filling the application before we are married, what should I enter in the "Marital Status" column?

Thanks,
                Alister

Comment

H4 visa will be issued only for a spouse of the H1B holder and not for a would-be spouse. The information that you fill in DS-160 should be as of the date of the interview. Since you will be married as of the date of the visa interview, you can mention the Marital Status as married.

Originally posted by alikavi View Post
                  Hey Guys,

I am in a dilemma while filling the DS-160 form.
                  I will be getting married on May 19th and I am looking to have the interview on the 24th or 25th of May. But I will be filling the DS-160 form for myself and adding on my to-be-wife in the family addition option.
                  So my question is: Since I am filling the application before we are married, what should I enter in the "Marital Status" column?

Thanks,
                  Alister
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks so very much Shervin143.

Comment

On DS-160 application for H4

Hello shervin143 / anyone,
                      On filling the DS-160 for my wife (H4 visa type),the sub-section where it asks for the primary applicant Visa informations.
                      a) I should mention my H1 information right (H1B visa holder information right) ?
                      b) The receipt number under that should i give my (H1) receipt number or her H4 receipt number.since the sub-section is in general mentioned "Primary Applicant Information" not sure whose USCIS receipt number should i mention for H4 application.
                      Need the information ASAP.So kindly anyone with confident information please reply back

Comment

mallan - When filling out the H4 information, whenever there is mention of the details of Primary Applicant that would be your information. Your wife would only have a HDFC Barcode Receipt number. She would not have any other receipt numbers, and she would not have any number from USCIS. So this is where I am a bit confused as to what receipt numbers does she have.

If they are asking for H1 receipt number, then that for sure, should be yours.

Originally posted by mallan View Post
                        Hello shervin143 / anyone,
                        On filling the DS-160 for my wife (H4 visa type),the sub-section where it asks for the primary applicant Visa informations.
                        a) I should mention my H1 information right (H1B visa holder information right) ?
                        b) The receipt number under that should i give my (H1) receipt number or her H4 receipt number.since the sub-section is in general mentioned "Primary Applicant Information" not sure whose USCIS receipt number should i mention for H4 application.
                        Need the information ASAP.So kindly anyone with confident information please reply back

Comment

Thanks Ms.Alikavi,
                          Got clarified
                          FYI: Actually my spouse and kid have a USCIS receipt number for their H4 filing with case type I-539.Anyway in DS-160 i confirmed that it should be mine.
                          Thanks a lot

Comment

marital status in ds 160 form

Originally posted by alikavi View Post
                            Thanks so very much Shervin143.
                            hello i read your query here and i have the same concern...i hope u successfully got the visa approved
                            did u mention your marital status as married in form before marriage? did u have any problem in interview regarding that?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X