Last date for applying H1 Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last date for applying H1 Extension

Can i travel travel in the last week of my H1 validity and file an extension.
    Will there be any issue in the process

Technically, yes. Practically no. Why not apply before in premium and travel after approval?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

under any circumstances i wont be able to fly prior to the last week,
      and untill i reach us i cannot file an extension. so i had the doubt how to get an extension in that case

Comment

You will get an I-94 only till the petition expiry date which is just for a week. Your extension of status need to be filed before your I-94 expires (The documents for extension should reach USCIS before the last date on your I-94). USCIS recommends that you file the extension at least 45 days in advance. Just in case your extension is denied for what ever may be the reason, the time spend in U.S after the I-94 expiry date will be treated as illegal stay. Why to take that risk? The best option is to file the extension by premium process and travel after you get the extension.

Originally posted by ctom View Post
        under any circumstances i wont be able to fly prior to the last week,
        and untill i reach us i cannot file an extension. so i had the doubt how to get an extension in that case
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Your employer can file petition extension without extension of status. If that is approved before you return, you can show the new approval notice and get I-94 up to the extended petition date.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X