Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer issue.

Hi,

I have a H1 issued as I was about to come USA on a project, but due to business issues, the project dropped. And later I got married and came to USA on H4. Now my doubt is , Can I get some job here and can transfer my status to H1 from H4 ?

I heard that I should have 3 month salary slip from the employer who sponsored my VISA and then only I can shift to any other job. Is that true?

Can anybody suggest me what exactly is the process of H1?

Thanks in Advance,

sri.

I have a H1 issued as I was about to come USA on a project, but due to business issues, the project dropped. And later I got married and came to USA on H4. Now my doubt is , Can I get some job here and can transfer my status to H1 from H4 ?
    >>> Did you mean H4 to H1B? Yes. Once you find a job, the new employer can file a new H1b petition under the same CAP from your previous H1B petition as a COS from H4 to H1B and when that gets approved, you can start working.

I heard that I should have 3 month salary slip from the employer who sponsored my VISA and then only I can shift to any other job. Is that true?
    >>> Pay slips are required only if you were in U.S in H1B status. If you were never on H1B status, then pay slips are not required.

Can anybody suggest me what exactly is the process of H1?
    >>> Follow this link and read all the submenus at your left side.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-h1-visa/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X