Visa Interview Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Interview Problem

Hi all, I have a problem with my visa interview tomorrow in London.

I'd scheduled my flight to land today and booked a hotel near Grosvenor Square so I'd be early for my interview at 10am tomorrow, but - my plane got struck by lightning during takeoff and we had to divert to Atlanta. Now they have put on another plane for us but it doesn't land at Heathrow until 8am tomorrow on the day of my interview.

It's going to be a push for me to get my bags and get through security and get to the embassy for 10am and even if I do I've got all my bags with me and they specifically say I'll get turned away if I bring them.

What do I do? I can't get in touch with the Help line as it's sunday and they don't work - I can't call Delta customer service for any help as they don't work today either.

HELP! If I miss this interview then I'm going to be a bit screwed as I have to be back in work early next week and I don't think there's be enough time to reschedule and get it processed.

Call the VFS helpdesk tomorrow and explain your situation. They can help by arranging an emregency visa appointment. Also, talk to your airlines customer service to see if they can hold you bags until you can take the interview and come back and collect it from them later in the day.

Lesson: never ever schedule the interview on the same date of your arrival thinking that everything will go smooth with your travel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X