Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re:documents for H4...pls help ASAP

Hello all!
    I am leaving for India in 2 days. I have an H4 visa and have an appointment at the embassy on 28th. We seem to have misplaced the I-129 ( and LCA). How important is it to have a copy for I-129 for the stamping/extension at the embassy. What are my other options if I am still unable to find it before I leave for India?
    Thank you all for reply in advance!

You may be asked to provide it. Your employer will certainly have a copy. The originals were submitted to the USCIS anyway. So just ask your employer to provide a copy.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thank you for a prompt reply kabkaba, but looks like the employer has only i797.
      looks like there is no luck here, any other options?

Comment

Wow! Should be an amazing employer for not bothering to keep a copy of their employee's I-129 and LCA on file.

Well, you have no other options. If the VO askes for these documents and if you don't have them with you, then they can issue you a 221g for submitted it later, which may cause unnecessary delays. More than I-129, I-797 approval notice and the LCA are very important to carry to the visa interview. They rarely ask for I-129.

Originally posted by katzie19 View Post
        thank you for a prompt reply kabkaba, but looks like the employer has only i797.
        looks like there is no luck here, any other options?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi OP,

Just wondering was your application applied thru attorney....if yes then they must be having it....as they keep all records....

Also nowdays LCA is applied online ...so there should be some files/records online....or everything is deleted ????

As a lesson learned - please make the scan copies of all your immigration/Visa documents you have now currently - I797 , I-94 etc...

As far is interview is concerned ---- as mentioned by Shervin...VO can ask for I-797 , LCA ....so its just taking a chance with it ...

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Thank you shervin and abhay for replying. Hoping to get hold of the attorney before I leave, if not hoping that I will not be asked for these forms, but thank god I atleast have the 797. Abhay, definitely lesson learnt!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X