H1 marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 marriage

Hi, I am in US with valid petition and VISA. I am getting to married to another H1 holder(with valid petition and VISA) in another 2 months in India. We both are travelling to India for marriage. Now on return can we maintain our individual H1 petitions? Are there any benefits of declaring our marriage to US government? Should we carry any documents with us for immigration during the re-entry to US after marriage?

Now on return can we maintain our individual H1 petitions?
    >>> You have to carry your individual approval notices (I-797) to enter U.S in H1B visas and continue to work for the respective employers who sponsored your H1B's.

Are there any benefits of declaring our marriage to US government?
    >>> What do yo think you will gain by hiding the fact that you two are married. If asked, you need to mention the fact that you both are married.

Should we carry any documents with us for immigration during the re-entry to US after marriage?
    >>> Here is the list. Also, carry your marriage certificate.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83968
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks a lot for the reply...yes i wouldn't lie if asked in the immigration. But I was afraid if I should inform to USCIS regarding our marriage before or after return..By your reply I understand that I don't have to do anything explicitly to inform USCIS regarding our marriage...please correct me if I am wrong..

Comment

Hi OP,

You are right ....you don;t have to do anything explicitly (i.e. applying any application etc) to inform USCIS that you are married.

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X