Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surname missing in passport

Hi,
    My surname is missing in the passport and my full name is written in the given name section. My H1B visa processing has already started for 2012 cap.

I heard that if the surname is not present then there would be many problems in US like getting driver's licence, SSN, etc.

Please suggest a work around for this problem as I am not able to change my passport details as the processing has already started. Any help regarding this matter will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There is no work around. You will need to get the passport fixed and your will need to file the H1B petition with the correct name. The names in the petition and the passport should match which will get you the correct name in your visa and all the other documents (like Driving license, SSN etc).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Currently, given names in my passport is "Ranatosh Das" and the surname is empty. Ideally it should be Given name: "Ranatosh" and Surname: "Das".

What is the procedure to get this change done. Currently I live in Kolkata, West Bengal but my passport was issued from Cochin, kerala. Do I need to go to Cochin to change these details?

And what all documents do I need to submit for this updation of passport.

Comment

Anything related to corrections in the passport, you need to check with the local passport office. They will let you know the formalities. If you are currently working/studying/living in Kolkotta, then you can go to the passport office in Kolkotta to get this corrected.

Originally posted by ranatoshdas View Post
        Currently, given names in my passport is "Ranatosh Das" and the surname is empty. Ideally it should be Given name: "Ranatosh" and Surname: "Das".

What is the procedure to get this change done. Currently I live in Kolkata, West Bengal but my passport was issued from Cochin, kerala. Do I need to go to Cochin to change these details?

And what all documents do I need to submit for this updation of passport.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X